Submitting your ETD to the Graduate School
Submitting your thesis or dissertation electronically.
Collect all the files you need to submit.
Find a networked machine running Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher; or Firefox 1.5 or higher.
Prepare to submit the ETD:
- Put all the files for your ETD in the same directory. All files
should have a distinct name with an appropriate standard suffix.
- Name any other file according to the convention for its type
(e.g., name other PDF files with the ".pdf" suffix, name GIFs with a
".gif" suffix, name JPEGs with the ".jpg" suffix, etc.).
- Link "etd.pdf" (title page, etc.) to all the other files using
the hyperlink feature of Adobe Exchange.
- Make a text file of your abstract. Remember to separate
paragraphs with ``<p>''.
Using Internet Explorer or Firefox, go to the
ETD Submission Form.
The form will ask you for:
- Meta-data from the front matter of your ETD
- Type of document (Dissertation or Master's)
- Department NOTE: the department should match the one listed on the title page of your thesis/dissertation.
- Committee members
- Defense date
- Abstract (paste this in from your text file!)
- Your email address
- Your committee chair's email address
- Special instructions for ETD processing
Make sure the information you provided is correct (including spelling!)
- Use "Browse" and "Add Files" buttons to upload each of your files.
- You will be returned to the ETD status page and if none of the items in the ETD STATUS box are in red, then your submission is complete.
- You can now logout of the ETD website and you will be contacted by the Graduate School once your ETD has been approved or if there are any changes needed.
After you submit...
- Deliver the signed title page to The Graduate
School, 411 Kirkland Hall.
- Work with the Graduate School as needed until your thesis or
dissertation is accepted.
- Upon acceptance of your thesis or dissertation by the Graduate
School, you will be notified by e-mail that it has been approved
and that the library cataloger has been notified.
- If not held because of pending publications or copyright, your
thesis or dissertation will be on the library server and in the
online catalog within 1-2 weeks.
- The Graduate School will notify you and your committee chair by e-mail that they have received your ETD. If (for some reason) your ETD is not approved, you will receive instructions on how to correct it and resubmit. When your ETD is approved and offically placed on the library server, you will be notified.
- When a thesis or dissertation is approved by committee members, and the format has been reviewed by the Graduate School, this becomes the "final copy." After it has been uploaded to the ETD website and approved, changes cannot be made to this document.
Return to the Graduate School Page
Return to the ETD Page